FW18 Season Overview
The FW18 Shibui Knits collection invites winter with intention and poise. Easy, casual fabrics give way to refined and structured tailoring for tranquil wear and confident presence.
- Designed in–house by Shellie Anderson
- Luxury garments showcasing our new yarn Echo, as well as the two new colors Dusk and Deep Water
- Timeless shapes with a modern appeal
- Innovative construction, with intuitive instructions
- Easy to wear and style across multiple seasons
- Subtle yet distinctive use of texture and contrast
- Impeccable attention to details, fit, and techniques
- Other yarns used: Birch, Cima, Drift, Lunar, Maai, Pebble, Silk Cloud
THE YARN – Echo
Content: 52% Silk Noil, 48% Fine Merino
Yardage: 160 yds / 146 m, 1.41 oz / 40 g
Gauge: 22-23 sts = 4″ on 5 US / 3.75 mm
- Two distinct plies of silk noil blend with a light, airy merino creating a subtle halo and lofty fabric.
- Ideal for garments and accessories alike
- Surprisingly durable yet gentle against the skin
- Mixes well with other yarns
- Available in 14 essential colors
- Descriptors: Light, Drapes with ease, Breathable, Stitches fall evenly Available September 2018
- New Colors: Dusk & Deep Water
Birch, Cima, Drift, Echo, Lunar, Maai, Pebble, Silk Cloud & Staccato
Birch, Drift, Echo & Maai
Birch & Drift
*New colors and color additions all available September 2018
Bordeaux, Cove, Deep Water, Dusk, Field, Mineral, Suit, Tango & Velvet
DISCONTINUATIONS - NONE
FW18 Collection Cheat Sheet: a quick and easy guide to the latest Shibui Knits collection, including cost per garment.
FW18 Pattern Thumbnail Pages: a visual overview of all Shibui Knits patterns, including free and archive patterns.
FW18 Friends of Shibui Thumbnail Pages: a visual overview of the most recent designs of independent designers knitting with Shibui Knits yarns.
FW18 Mix Cheat Sheet: provides all potential yarn combinations mixing 2 or more yarns, includes gauge, etc.
*please click on “additional resources” tab for additional mix party material including updated winding cards.
We’d love to hear how you use these materials with your customers so we can make them even better – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests or suggestions.