Shibui Knits Wholesale Site
FA19 Season Overview
INFO ABOUT THE COLLECTION AND LAUNCH
The educators featured in this collection turned convention on its head and paved their own way, both for themselves and for everyone else. Their incredible work reminds us of the power that we all have, and inspires us to harness it.
This collection features our newest yarn, Nest. It’s cozy done the Shibui way, with an unexpected and sophisticated twist. We hope you have as much fun knitting and wearing these garments as we had creating them.
We love what you love.
- Designed in–house by Shibui Knits Design Team, Lead Designer Sivia Harding and Designer, Tuulia Salmela
- 5 Piece Collection. Patterns: Dunham, Clark, Barton, Mistral and Free-With-Purchase Sindi
- Showcasing our new yarn, Nest
- Collection Color Palette: Abyss, Pollen, and Ivory
- Subtle yet distinctive use of texture and contrast
- Pieces in this collection are warm, inviting and versatile with multiple different ways to style each piece
FWP: Sindi (Cowl)
Sindi is a luxurious cowl worked entirely in the round using one strand of Nest and two strands of Silk Cloud held together throughout. The cowl begins and ends with a simple reverse stockinette rolled edge. The gradient is created by changing the strands of Silk Cloud one strand at a time, at intervals over the length of the cowl.
THE YARN – NEST
75% Fine Highland Wool
175 yds / 50 g
22-24 sts= 4” on 6 US/ 4mm
- With a soft inner core of luscious wool and alpaca wrapped in contrasting strands of fine wool, Nest embodies coziness.
- Knit solo, doubled, or with other Shibui yarns for added texture and warmth.
- Mixes well with other yarns
- Ideal for garments and accessories alike
- Available in 14 essential colors
- Will be featured in Fall 19 collection.
Available September 2019
New Twig Expansion Colors
New Colors Available FA19: Bordeaux, Velvet, Dusk, Deep Water, Cove, Tango.
Limited Edition: Tyrian
- Tango, Deep Water, Dusk, Velvet, Bordeaux, and Cove.
COLOR ADDITIONS - SeptemberTwig:
Fall 19 Pattern Thumbnail Pages: a visual overview of Shibui Knits FA19 patterns: Dunham, Clark, Barton, Sindi and Mistral, as well as all free and free-with-purchase patterns.
Fall 19 Friends of Shibui Thumbnail Pages: a visual overview of the most recent designs of independent designers knitting with Shibui Knits yarns.
Fall 19 Mix Cheat Sheet: provides all potential yarn combinations mixing 2 or more yarns, includes gauge, etc.
Nest Winding Cards: Winding some of the new yarn around these cards is a great way for customers to get a sample.
Fall 19 L.E. Color - Tyrian handout: Experience the luxury of Tyrian. Available November 2019
*Click on “Additional resources” in the left nav for more mix party material including updated winding cards.
We’d love to hear how you use these materials with your customers so we can make them even better – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests or suggestions.