Spring19 Season Overview
All of the important dates in chronological order. Specific dates will be added as we get closer to launch.
Mid January: Shop Samples Become Available
Mid February: Launch Orders Begin Shipping
March 7: Spring19 Wholesale Launch
March 15: Shibui Knits Direct Launch (one week after Wholesale)
THE Collection - Spring 19
Named after powerhouses of the music world who continue to inspire us, these effortless pieces bring harmony and counterpoint to the life you want to lead. You, the modern woman, are always in mind when we concept, design, and handcraft each piece in our Portland, Oregon studio.
We love what you love.
- Designed in–house by Shibui Knits Design Team, Lead Designer Sivia Harding
- 5 Piece Collection (3 garments & 2 accessories)
- Showcasing our new yarn Vine along with Spring/Summer favorites Fern, Reed, Rain & Twig
- Color Palette: Bone, Suit, White
- Subtle yet distinctive use of texture and contrast
- Easy to wear and style across multiple seasons with many pattern options (short/long sleeve, vest/cardigan, wrap/scarf)
THE YARN – Vine
Content: 41% Paper, 31% Cotton, 28% Silk
Yardage: 160 yds / 146 m, 1.06 oz / 30 g
Gauge: 18-20 sts = 4″ on 6 US / 4 mm
- Washed paper, silk and cotton come together in Vine to create an unexpectedly soft yet crisp yarn.
- Knit solo on larger needles for a distinctive open fabric or combine with additional Shibui yarns to increase depth and complexity.
- Mixes well with other yarns
- Ideal for garments and accessories alike
- Available in 14 essential colors
- Will be featured in Summer 19 collection with new color Twighlight available in June 2019
Available March 2019
Fern, Rain, Reed & Twig
COLOR ADDITIONS - March
Cima, Maai, Pebble, Rain, Reed, Silk Cloud, Staccato & Twig
Cima, Lunar, Maai, Pebble, Rain, Reed, Silk Cloud, Staccato & Twig
NEW COLORS - June
Cima, Fern, Lunar, Pebble, Rain Reed, Silk Cloud, Staccato, Twig & Vine
Spring 19 Pattern Thumbnail Pages: a visual overview of all Shibui Knits patterns, including free and archive patterns.
Spring 19 Friends of Shibui Thumbnail Pages: a visual overview of the most recent designs of independent designers knitting with Shibui Knits yarns.
Spring 19 Mix Cheat Sheet: provides all potential yarn combinations mixing 2 or more yarns, includes gauge, etc.
Summer 19 L.E. Color - Riviera handout: Riviera blue for a perennial vacation. Available May 2019
*please click on “additional resources” tab for additional mix party material including updated winding cards.
We’d love to hear how you use these materials with your customers so we can make them even better – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests or suggestions.